HONG KONG: Free issues to do | Points of interest | Skyline | Markets | Temples
What’s up guys? Time to go to one of the crucial dynamic and cosmopolitan cities, not solely in Asia, however on the planet. Learn on to find an inventory of the most effective free issues to do in Hong Kong. (‘coz this metropolis is expansive af yo!)
You can find an in depth information on free metropolis sights, finest views, markets, parks, museums, and temples in Hong Kong.
[HONG KONG ITINERARY]
Studying time: 6 minutes
Okay, so there’s no denying it…
✈ Hong Kong is pricey
The town simply claimed the “honours”because the second most expensive city after Tokyo, and the most costly metropolis on the planet for expats.
Simply lodging main as much as my time within the metropolis made me rethink the period of time I wished to spend in HK.
Fortuitously I used to be in a position to stick with a good friend who had a splendidly serviced residence centrally situated on Hong Kong Island with implausible views of the town.
So the place was I? Ah sure. The expense…
Due to this, you is likely to be desirous about having an inventory of the most effective issues to do at no cost in Hong Kong and find out how to make your pockets stretch a little bit additional when visiting this metropolis, permitting for a higher finances and for extra travels as a direct outcome.
Talking of expense, make sure that your cash is spent in the precise approach.
Concentrate on the most typical journey scams in Hong Kong and China right here.
And find out how to keep away from.
So here’s a listing of some of my favorite…
Let’s get into it — first up:
✈ Fantastic Walks in Hong Kong
There’s no higher strategy to see a metropolis than aimlessly strolling by, unexpectedly discovering gems as you go. Hong Kong has a mess of choices on this regard.
– Wander alongside the Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade at any time of the day or evening for unabridged views of the spectacular Hong Kong skyline.
– There may be additionally the chance to journey the world’s longest escalator system — Mid Stage Escalators that adjustments route relying on the time of day. A really intelligent system, I would add. Alongside the best way, cease over for some scrumptious meals (or bizarre meals) at one of many many spots located conveniently all through.
– Stroll alongside the Central Waterfront Promenade from Central Pier to Admiralty, ideally at evening within the silhouette of the a whole lot of skyscrapers, admiring the view as you go alongside.
– Roam by the gold-plated halls of the Peninsula, considered one of Asia’s most well-known motels. Don’t get preoccupied with the lavish foyer for too lengthy earlier than making your strategy to the terrace on the second ground.
It’s no secret that Hong Kong has some superb views:
✈ Greatest views in Hong Kong
Talking of dramatic Hong Kong skyline and superlative views, listed below are just a few extra choices for you:
(finest loved at dawn or sundown)
- Stroll up or use the bus to get to The Peak, one of many metropolis’s main vacationer sights and the best level on Hong Kong Island. Thank me later 😉
- Take pleasure in panoramic island views from the viewing platform of the Financial institution of China Tower or on the public terrace of the Worldwide Finance Centre.
- One other quixotic spot in Tsim Sha Tsui is the rooftop automotive park of Harbour Metropolis.
You’ll want to try these:
✈ Free Hong Kong Metropolis Points of interest
– Witness the Symphony of Lights skyline efficiency
Each evening at 8pm, the town of Hong Kong places on a present. Tonight-time show with lasers and well-lit buildings throughout the water, orchestrated to music makes the town come alive.
– Make a journey on the Star Ferry
For below a greenback, which is subsequent to nothing, you’ll be supplied with limitless Hong Kong skyscraper views stretching all the best way throughout Victoria Harbour, between Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon to Central on Hong Kong island. One other attraction to not be missed!
– Journey the Ding Ding Tram by the town and see the town in an entire new mild.
You could make time in your Hong Kong itinerary for:
✈ Going to the markets in Hong Kong
The quite a few markets round Hong Kong make for fascinating viewing.
Even if you happen to don’t purchase something, the ambiance in these markets are the true prize.
Why not take a stroll by the Temple Road Night time Market, the Women’ Market or the Flower market. Or an amble by the colorful moist markets strewn all around the metropolis.
You could have the choice of strolling across the Goldfish Market in Mongkok, the place you get to see a wide range of fish and different unique animals, just like the two-headed turtle, chameleons and the rhino beetle.
If this doesn’t fulfill your fish fetish, head to Sai Kung Seafood Promenade the place native fishermen sq. their catch side-by-side to the crowds of consumers alongside the waterfront.
Along with the markets, window-shopping is, as is common all over the world at all times free.
Time to decelerate:
✈ Inexperienced areas and parks in Hong Kong
I feel what stunned me probably the most throughout my go to to Hong Kong is that just about three-quarters of the town is inexperienced area countryside.
Whether or not it’s a go to to an city park inside the metropolis like Kowloon Park or Hong Kong’s Zoological and Botanical Gardens or a hike by among the nationwide parks and seashores all inside an hour from the town centre, you’re actually spoilt for alternative for the proper affable escape.
Subsequent up on this listing of issues to do at no cost in hong kong is to get zen:
✈ Religious areas and temples in Hong Kong
No go to to Hong Kong is full and not using a cease at one of many many temples dotted all through the town.
You may enter for a greater understanding of the chronicle and structure, or just for just a few moments of quiet meditation.
These are my favourites:
- Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Gardens
- Man Mo Temple
- The Temple of Ten Thousand Buddhas (Man Fats Sze) in Shatin
✈ Artwork areas, Museums and galleries
So that you need some free artwork?
Each Wednesday a lot of Hong Kong’s museums are open at no cost.
- the Heritage Museum
- Science Museum
- the Museum of Artwork
- Museum of Historical past
- the Dr Solar Yat-sen Museum
- House Museum, and
- the Museum of Coastal Protection.
The Asia Society Hong Kong Centre has exhibitions all year long which could be extremely intriguing as are the exhibitions on the Hong Kong Arts Centre and the Hong Kong Movie Archive.
Additionally value reconnoitering are the Oil Road Artwork House and the Jockey Membership Inventive Arts Centre in Kowloon or the PMQ design hub in Sheung Wan.
Lots of the metropolis’s streets, most notably in Sheung Wan, are lined with galleries specializing in native artwork, antiques and artifacts. You’ll want to hold a watch open when wandering the streets.
Or absorb a present on the Hong Kong Cultural Centre.
Have a look:
✈ Hong Kong road performances
Wan Chai is just not solely a hub for good meals, however free live shows that includes among the finest native expertise various in musical types happen on the following venues:
- outdoors the Arts Centre, each third Saturday of the month (5.30 – 8 pm)
- outdoors the Blue Home, each second Thursday (7.30 – 9 pm)
- at Comix House Base each final Sunday (3 – 4.30 pm)
✈ Cheap highs
Must you want a substitute for Ocean Park or Hong Kong Disneyland, how about an thrilling bus journey alongside among the Hong Kong’s most scenic routes?
Bonus? They price subsequent to nothing.
Attempt the next:
- bus H1 or H2 function as open-top, departing from Central.
- bus quantity 14 from Sai Wan Ho alongside the tram tracks to Stanley (weekdays solely)
- bus quantity 314 from Siu Sai Wan to Stanley (Sunday solely)
There’s no forgetting:
✈ Free Wifi in Hong Kong
No article about free issues is ever full irrespective of what is commonly referred to a travellers’ gold, free wifi.
In Hong Kong metropolis, yow will discover free wi-fi at McDonalds, Starbucks, Seven Eleven, Pret a Manger and different retailers the place Y5Zone is offered, for durations various from 20 minutes to 60 minutes a day.
For fast entry to e mail or instagram whereas ready for the following prepare, free wifi is supplied on the MRT stations.
GovWiFi, the federal government supplied entry all through the town, affords 2 hours per session however there’s no restrict to the variety of classes and you’ll reconnect instantly after every session has ended.
And that’s it for now, guys.
Sufficient to maintain you busy with these free issues to do in Hong Kong, whereas being variety to your pockets. The town is often a success with kids. Take a look at this complete piece on what to do in Hong Kong with kids.
HAVE YOU VISITED HONG KONG YET? What had been your impressions?
In the event you’ve loved this text or discovered it useful, please share it on any/all the social media.
Ought to you might have any additional journey questions, be happy to contact me on the instagram page, twitter or within the feedback beneath.
Save for later. PIN IT to your Asia Journey Board!
Have a good time in Hong Kong,